Jack Dee coming to Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre
COMEDIAN Jack Dee is to appear in Lowestoft early next year, The Journal can exclusively reveal today.
The star of the BBC1 series Lead Balloon will be appearing at the Marina Theatre on Thursday, March 14 as part of his first stand-up tour for more than six years – with tickets due to go on sale next weekend.
Known for his sarcastic, deadpan delivery, the Bromley-born performer has been busy in recent years appearing on top TV shows including QI, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, 8 Out Of 10 Cats and Have I Got News For You.
As well as hosting BBC Radio 4's long-running show I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, he has co-written and starred in four series of Lead Balloon and has also penned his memoirs, Thanks For Nothing.
In the past, he has also been a regular team captain on Shooting Stars, hosted Jack Dee: Live at the Apollo – which was nominated for a BAFTA in 2006 – and has appeared on TV in The Jack Dee Show, Jack Dee's Saturday Night and Jack Dee's Happy Hour. He won Celebrity Big Brother in 2001.
You may also want to watch:
See today's Journal on how to get tickets to see him.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 6 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 7 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 8 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 9 Coastal Post Office branch to close for four weeks
- 10 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing