James Finch steps down from transport role at county council
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Suffolk county councillor James Finch has stepped down from the cabinet to allow him to recover after a bout of ill health.
He was cabinet member for highways and transport.
This role has now been split with deputy leader Jane Storey taking on the responsibility for highways while Robin Millar takes on the passenger transport role as cabinet member for families and communities.
Mrs Storey remains responsible for rural affairs at the council – but the roll-out of broadband will now be the responsibility of environment and public safety cabinet member Matthew Hicks.
Council leader Colin Noble said Mr Finch's recovery from illness had taken longer than expected.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'This was not an easy decision for James to make. I want to take this opportunity to thank James for his dedication and hard work whilst Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 6 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary