James Finch steps down from transport role at county council
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Suffolk county councillor James Finch has stepped down from the cabinet to allow him to recover after a bout of ill health.
He was cabinet member for highways and transport.
This role has now been split with deputy leader Jane Storey taking on the responsibility for highways while Robin Millar takes on the passenger transport role as cabinet member for families and communities.
Mrs Storey remains responsible for rural affairs at the council – but the roll-out of broadband will now be the responsibility of environment and public safety cabinet member Matthew Hicks.
Council leader Colin Noble said Mr Finch's recovery from illness had taken longer than expected.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'This was not an easy decision for James to make. I want to take this opportunity to thank James for his dedication and hard work whilst Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport.'
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea