James Paget nurses to host open day in Oulton Broad for patients suffering from bowel problems
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Nurses from the James Paget University Hospital are set to hold a Halloween-themed open day in Oulton Broad.
Between 1 and 5pm on Tuesday, October 31, colorectal and stoma nurses who are usually based at the Gorleston hospital will be at the Wherry Hotel to offer advice to patients with bowel problems.
The 'Spooktastic' Open Day will feature educational displays, stoma company stands and health and wellbeing demonstrations.
The group of nurses belong to the multidisciplinary team that provide clinical expertise, information and support to patients who are undergoing investigations and treatment for colon and rectal (bowel) cancer, as well as their families.
It is hoped that the day will provide more information to help patients and carers understand treatments and give them an opportunity to talk to the experts.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to anyone who has a bowel problem, cancer patients and those with stomas.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft