Jane is given prize for her shop service
- Credit: Archant
The latest hero on Lowestoft's high street has been revealed as shoppers continue to nominate staff giving them excellent customer service.
May's winner is Jane Collier, from Marks and Spencer in London Road North, who was presented with a badge and a voucher.
She was nominated by Rosemary Cooper after she helped her choose a new outfit and spent extra time helping her pick what looked and fitted best.
On receiving her award, Ms Collier said: 'I thank Rosemary for her kind and thoughtful nomination.
'I am happy to accept the award and prize on behalf of all my friends and colleagues at Marks and Spencer. We all work hard together to provide the best shopping experience for our customers.'
You may also want to watch:
The customer heroes campaign is managed by Lowestoft Vision, the town's business improvement district (BID), and has already given awards to Tony Wood from Hi-tech and Dan and Claire Bogan from Oregano health foods.
This month there were over 50 nominations from customers wanting to recognise staff in town centre businesses delivering excellent customer service.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 6 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 7 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 8 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 9 Coastal Post Office branch to close for four weeks
- 10 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
Lowestoft Vision and the Healthy High Street Partners then judged each entry to pick a winner.
BID manager Darren Newman said: 'It is great to be able to reward individuals who go the extra mile and create an appealing environment for shoppers to the town.'
Shoppers can nominate their customer hero by completing nomination cards in shops throughout the town centre and the historic high street.
If your nomination leads to the business winning the customer hero award, then you could win a £25 voucher to spend at participating stores.
Do you know an unsung hero who deserves recognition for the work they do? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org