Jane is given prize for her shop service
- Credit: Archant
The latest hero on Lowestoft's high street has been revealed as shoppers continue to nominate staff giving them excellent customer service.
May's winner is Jane Collier, from Marks and Spencer in London Road North, who was presented with a badge and a voucher.
She was nominated by Rosemary Cooper after she helped her choose a new outfit and spent extra time helping her pick what looked and fitted best.
On receiving her award, Ms Collier said: 'I thank Rosemary for her kind and thoughtful nomination.
'I am happy to accept the award and prize on behalf of all my friends and colleagues at Marks and Spencer. We all work hard together to provide the best shopping experience for our customers.'
You may also want to watch:
The customer heroes campaign is managed by Lowestoft Vision, the town's business improvement district (BID), and has already given awards to Tony Wood from Hi-tech and Dan and Claire Bogan from Oregano health foods.
This month there were over 50 nominations from customers wanting to recognise staff in town centre businesses delivering excellent customer service.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Lowestoft Vision and the Healthy High Street Partners then judged each entry to pick a winner.
BID manager Darren Newman said: 'It is great to be able to reward individuals who go the extra mile and create an appealing environment for shoppers to the town.'
Shoppers can nominate their customer hero by completing nomination cards in shops throughout the town centre and the historic high street.
If your nomination leads to the business winning the customer hero award, then you could win a £25 voucher to spend at participating stores.
Do you know an unsung hero who deserves recognition for the work they do? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org