Joe McElderry to return to Lowestoft as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat hits the Marina Theatre stage
- Credit: Archant
It is a 'wonderful family musical,' which is set to return to Lowestoft.
And later this month Joe McElderry – a former winner of The X Factor – will take to the Marina Theatre stage once more in his celebrated and critically acclaimed role of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
This run will complete Joe's hugely successful year touring the UK playing the title-role – his first major theatrical appearance which has been met with five-star reviews and standing ovations up and down the country.
It also follows the release of his new recording of the 'Joseph' soundtrack, which reached the top of the Amazon Musical Soundtrack Charts; as well his highly anticipated fifth album – Saturday Night at the Movies – that hit the top 10 of the official UK albums chart.
Having garnered sensational reviews and standing ovations at every performance since its inception more than 36 years ago, Bill Kenwright's production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's family musical has now sold an estimated 20 million tickets.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be performed at the Marina Theatre on September 26 (7.30pm), September 27 (2.30pm and 7.30pm), September 28 (2.30pm and 7.30pm), September 29 (5pm and 8pm) and September 30 (2pm, 5pm and 8pm).
Joe McElderry said: 'I am really excited to be coming back to perform at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft. The audience and atmosphere was amazing when I played my Northern Lights Tour there last year and I can't wait to return to play Joseph in this wonderful family musical.'
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 8 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
This vibrant and exciting retelling of the biblical story about Joseph, his 11 brothers and the coat of many colours sings out to young and old alike with a score which is crammed wall to wall with hits, including Close Every Door and Any Dream Will Do.
Tickets are still on sale for Joseph – all seats from £17.50 to £35. Call 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk