Man filmed spitting on dead man’s shrine outside McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after a man was filmed spitting on a dead man's shrine.
John Riley, 51, was found on a bench outside McDonald's in London Road North, Lowestoft, on Friday, September 21.
He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston but died the following day.
In the days and weeks after Mr Riley's death the bench on which he was initially found has been transformed into a shrine with family and friends leaving flowers, cards and writing messages.
However on Sunday evening a video began circulating on Facebook which sparked outrage as it appeared to show a man spitting on the shrine.
You may also want to watch:
The post has since been removed but a police investigation has been launched.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: 'Police have received a report of a public order offence that occurred on London Road North in Lowestoft just before 6pm on Sunday, October 21, and an investigation is under way.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school