Join in the Rural Sumnmit
BUSINESS, Community and Public Sector leaders in Waveney are encouraged to attend this year's Rural Summit.
The conference, entitled 'Beyond Rural Enterprise', is being organised by the Community Forum, and its partners Suffolk County Council and Waveney District Council, and takes place at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay on Friday, October 22.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous will speak about the coalition government's policies for the rural economy.
Martyn Burnside, Community Forum chief officer, said: 'The event aims to bring together the commercial, voluntary, social enterprise and public sector representatives in order to raise their awareness of key topical issues relating to rural business, rural enterprise and community initiatives, and how these key components of the rural economy can work towards a future of rural prosperity and improved quality of life'.
A series of short presentations and workshops provide an ideal opportunity for local networking and the development of future opportunities. Subjects to be covered include the future of Broadband, and the work of Suffolk Foundation with business and the community. Rural Community Champions will also receive awards at the event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'