Join in the Rural Sumnmit
BUSINESS, Community and Public Sector leaders in Waveney are encouraged to attend this year's Rural Summit.
The conference, entitled 'Beyond Rural Enterprise', is being organised by the Community Forum, and its partners Suffolk County Council and Waveney District Council, and takes place at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay on Friday, October 22.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous will speak about the coalition government's policies for the rural economy.
Martyn Burnside, Community Forum chief officer, said: 'The event aims to bring together the commercial, voluntary, social enterprise and public sector representatives in order to raise their awareness of key topical issues relating to rural business, rural enterprise and community initiatives, and how these key components of the rural economy can work towards a future of rural prosperity and improved quality of life'.
A series of short presentations and workshops provide an ideal opportunity for local networking and the development of future opportunities. Subjects to be covered include the future of Broadband, and the work of Suffolk Foundation with business and the community. Rural Community Champions will also receive awards at the event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk