Join in with Lowestoft charity event
ENTRANTS are now being sought for one of Lowestoft's biggest fundraising events.
Runners and walkers are being encouraged to sign up for this year's WaterWalk that will take place along Lowestoft seafront on Sunday, September 18, raising money to help the fight against cancer.
The event, which is sponsored by Essex & Suffolk Water, is now in its fifth year and has already generated more than �20,000 for Cancer Research UK. It is hoped that hundreds of people will complete either a three- or five-mile course from Royal Green to Pakefield, collecting thousands of pounds in sponsorship.
The event will be followed by the release of dozens of balloons with messages of hope in the fight against cancer.
One of the organisers, James Muir, customer manager for Essex & Suffolk Water, based at St Mary's contact centre in Lowestoft, said: 'With spring here, now is the perfect time to dust off you trainers and sign up for WaterWalk.
You may also want to watch:
'Whether you are a serious runner or want to join us for a gentle stroll along the beautiful Lowestoft coastline, we would really love you to take part. This event is a brilliant way to bring the local community together in the fight against cancer. We are now in our fifth year and the incredible stories of many of our participants and supporters never fail to move me. It is a real reminder of why fundraising like this for Cancer Research UK is so important.'
Families and corporate teams can also take part. Entry is �5 for individuals (�4 until may 31) or �20 for teams of five. Children under 14 are free but must be accompanied by someone over 18.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
l To register to take part log on to www.waterwalk.co.uk or call 01502 534005.