Katie hits the heights in Lowestoft
AN internationally-acclaimed performer is set to bring her death-defying aerial routine to Lowestoft.The audience at this year's pantomime at the town's Marina Theatre will be treated to the amazing skills of aerialist and former model Katie Hardwick.
AN internationally-acclaimed performer is set to bring her death-defying aerial routine to Lowestoft.
The audience at this year's pantomime at the town's Marina Theatre will be treated to the amazing skills of aerialist and former model Katie Hardwick.
And for the 'delighted' producers of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, her performance will bring a whole new dimension to the festive show.
Having first shone on the trapeze bar at the circus stage at the Glastonbury Festival at the age of six, Katie later joined children's classes at The Circus Space in London.
You may also want to watch:
Using her gymnastics, theatre and ballet training, she learned the basics of circus skills, beginning her professional career at the age of 14. Since then she has appeared worldwide in festivals and circus events.
In Snow White, she will combine the more traditional role of Woodland Fairy with her stunning aerial routines, which have won her critical acclaim.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
While at university in Falmouth, Katie worked and trained with Swamp Circus and Circo Kernow, and since graduating in 2008, she has moved back to London where she continues to perform solo and in partnership with other aerial performers.
Producer Paul Holman said: 'I am delighted to have been able to cast Katie for the Marina's traditional pantomime.
'We're looking forward to playing to audiences both young and old with a production featuring a fine cast, spectacular costumes, stunning scenery and good old fashioned slapstick.'
He added: 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is going to be an action packed show, exciting, fresh and full of family fun.'
The production, which stars former Dancing On Ice and Hollyoaks heart-throb Stefan Booth in the lead role along with Hi De Hi regular Nikki Kelly as the Wicked Queen, is directed by the Olivier Award-winning Kenn Oldfield.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs runs at the Marina Theatre from December 11 until January 3.
? Tickets are on sale now and can be booked by calling the theatre's box office on 01502 533200. Ticket prices start from �5, with family tickets, group and schools rates also available.