Busy road closed after two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
A busy Lowestoft road was closed during rush hour today after a two-car crash blocked the road.
The crash occurred just after 4pm on Katwijk Way when a Ford Focus and Toyota Yaris collided.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: 'We received reports of a two-car road traffic collision in Katwijk Way, with early reports indicating the road was blocked.'
Emergency services, including a paramedic car and ambulance crew, arrived on scene to support those involved.
Police closed the road in order for it to be cleared with witnesses reporting one person being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened just before 5pm.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014