Busy road closed after two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
A busy Lowestoft road was closed during rush hour today after a two-car crash blocked the road.
The crash occurred just after 4pm on Katwijk Way when a Ford Focus and Toyota Yaris collided.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: 'We received reports of a two-car road traffic collision in Katwijk Way, with early reports indicating the road was blocked.'
Emergency services, including a paramedic car and ambulance crew, arrived on scene to support those involved.
Police closed the road in order for it to be cleared with witnesses reporting one person being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened just before 5pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted