Busy road closed after two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
A busy Lowestoft road was closed during rush hour today after a two-car crash blocked the road.
The crash occurred just after 4pm on Katwijk Way when a Ford Focus and Toyota Yaris collided.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: 'We received reports of a two-car road traffic collision in Katwijk Way, with early reports indicating the road was blocked.'
Emergency services, including a paramedic car and ambulance crew, arrived on scene to support those involved.
Police closed the road in order for it to be cleared with witnesses reporting one person being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened just before 5pm.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary