Keep warm in cold weather
HEALTH bosses are urging people to keep warm and well in the freezing conditions.As the cold snap continues, health chiefs at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney are reminding members of the community to protect themselves to prevent ill health.
HEALTH bosses are urging people to keep warm and well in the freezing conditions.
As the cold snap continues, health chiefs at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney are reminding members of the community to protect themselves to prevent ill health.
Dr Shamsher Diu, public health consultant at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'It is really important in these cold conditions that people wrap up warm inside and outside their house to ensure they prevent illness along with eating well and keeping their heating on. This is particularly important for elderly people, who are more vulnerable as the weather turns colder.'
The severe weather is creating a greater demand for many of the region's NHS services. People can use a variety of health services if they need help.
You may also want to watch:
As well as calling 999 for emergencies or going to a GP, people can go to NHS Greyfriars in Greyfriars Way, Great Yarmouth or call 01493 335340. Or people can visit their minor injury unit at either Beccles Hospital or the Patrick Stead Hospital in Bungay Road, Halesworth. The Beccles unit is open from 8am to 8pm every day. Call 01502 719821. The Halesworth unit is open from 8am to 6pm from Monday to Friday. Call 01986 872124.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 5 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 6 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 'My life as a young carer' - Woman's new book aims to support others
- 9 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building