King of Shaves develops
THE toiletries business founded by Lowestoft entrepreneur Will King is to split in two in a move to 'accelerate sales growth'.Mr King's King of Shaves has developed into a multi-million pound operation since being founded at his home in the town in 1993.
THE toiletries business founded by Lowestoft entrepreneur Will King is to split in two in a move to 'accelerate sales growth'.
Mr King's King of Shaves has developed into a multi-million pound operation since being founded at his home in the town in 1993.
Yesterday, it emerged that Mr King will split the business into King of Shaves Company - focusing on the sale of its own products - and KMI, which will develop other brands, including Ted Baker Fragrance and Fish & Angelfish Styling.
The company also announced inward investment of �4m from Mr King's brother and fellow shareholder, Doug King, co-founder and chief investment officer of the Singapore-based commodity fund Aisling Analytics.
You may also want to watch:
Mr King will remain chief executive of King of Shaves, while his business partner Hiten Dayal will run KMI.
Mr King said: 'Launching the King of Shaves Azor system razor successfully in 2008 gives the King of Shaves a genuine opportunity to become a serious global challenger brand in the world's shaving market, building on the strong foundations of the past 16 years.
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
'We believe that this demerger will accelerate retail sales towards my target of firmly establishing the King of Shaves as a genuine global contender in men's grooming.'