King of Shaves develops
THE toiletries business founded by Lowestoft entrepreneur Will King is to split in two in a move to 'accelerate sales growth'.Mr King's King of Shaves has developed into a multi-million pound operation since being founded at his home in the town in 1993.
THE toiletries business founded by Lowestoft entrepreneur Will King is to split in two in a move to 'accelerate sales growth'.
Mr King's King of Shaves has developed into a multi-million pound operation since being founded at his home in the town in 1993.
Yesterday, it emerged that Mr King will split the business into King of Shaves Company - focusing on the sale of its own products - and KMI, which will develop other brands, including Ted Baker Fragrance and Fish & Angelfish Styling.
The company also announced inward investment of �4m from Mr King's brother and fellow shareholder, Doug King, co-founder and chief investment officer of the Singapore-based commodity fund Aisling Analytics.
You may also want to watch:
Mr King will remain chief executive of King of Shaves, while his business partner Hiten Dayal will run KMI.
Mr King said: 'Launching the King of Shaves Azor system razor successfully in 2008 gives the King of Shaves a genuine opportunity to become a serious global challenger brand in the world's shaving market, building on the strong foundations of the past 16 years.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
'We believe that this demerger will accelerate retail sales towards my target of firmly establishing the King of Shaves as a genuine global contender in men's grooming.'