King of Shaves develops
THE toiletries business founded by Lowestoft entrepreneur Will King is to split in two in a move to 'accelerate sales growth'.Mr King's King of Shaves has developed into a multi-million pound operation since being founded at his home in the town in 1993.
THE toiletries business founded by Lowestoft entrepreneur Will King is to split in two in a move to 'accelerate sales growth'.
Mr King's King of Shaves has developed into a multi-million pound operation since being founded at his home in the town in 1993.
Yesterday, it emerged that Mr King will split the business into King of Shaves Company - focusing on the sale of its own products - and KMI, which will develop other brands, including Ted Baker Fragrance and Fish & Angelfish Styling.
The company also announced inward investment of �4m from Mr King's brother and fellow shareholder, Doug King, co-founder and chief investment officer of the Singapore-based commodity fund Aisling Analytics.
Mr King will remain chief executive of King of Shaves, while his business partner Hiten Dayal will run KMI.
Mr King said: 'Launching the King of Shaves Azor system razor successfully in 2008 gives the King of Shaves a genuine opportunity to become a serious global challenger brand in the world's shaving market, building on the strong foundations of the past 16 years.
- 1 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 2 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 3 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 4 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 5 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 6 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
'We believe that this demerger will accelerate retail sales towards my target of firmly establishing the King of Shaves as a genuine global contender in men's grooming.'