Kingfisher close-up wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning close-up shot capturing a kingfisher in a moment of contemplation was taken by 38-year-old Jon Goldsby at Lackford Lakes, near Bury St Edmunds.
Originally from Lowestoft and currently residing in Beccles, Mr Goldsby took the picture last week using his Canon EOS 80D.
He said: 'I only had to wait for 30 minutes for the kingfisher to visit which was a nice surprise as I've waited for hours before at other sites without seeing one.
'I have wanted to get a good picture of a kingfisher for many years so am really pleased with this image and happy Suffolk Wildlife Trust work so hard to provide places for us to get close to nature.'
As our winner, Mr Goldsby receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew