Kingfisher close-up wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning close-up shot capturing a kingfisher in a moment of contemplation was taken by 38-year-old Jon Goldsby at Lackford Lakes, near Bury St Edmunds.
Originally from Lowestoft and currently residing in Beccles, Mr Goldsby took the picture last week using his Canon EOS 80D.
He said: 'I only had to wait for 30 minutes for the kingfisher to visit which was a nice surprise as I've waited for hours before at other sites without seeing one.
'I have wanted to get a good picture of a kingfisher for many years so am really pleased with this image and happy Suffolk Wildlife Trust work so hard to provide places for us to get close to nature.'
As our winner, Mr Goldsby receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'