Kingfisher close-up wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning close-up shot capturing a kingfisher in a moment of contemplation was taken by 38-year-old Jon Goldsby at Lackford Lakes, near Bury St Edmunds.
Originally from Lowestoft and currently residing in Beccles, Mr Goldsby took the picture last week using his Canon EOS 80D.
He said: 'I only had to wait for 30 minutes for the kingfisher to visit which was a nice surprise as I've waited for hours before at other sites without seeing one.
'I have wanted to get a good picture of a kingfisher for many years so am really pleased with this image and happy Suffolk Wildlife Trust work so hard to provide places for us to get close to nature.'
As our winner, Mr Goldsby receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft