Ahoy there! Exciting new partnership for rugby club
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft & Yarmouth Rugby Club has teamed up with Sentinel Leisure's Adventure Island Play Park for an exciting new partnership.
The partnership will see the L&Y's Mini's tag rugby teams - The Pirates - wearing a new Pirate-style shirt for the next three seasons displaying the Adventure Island logo.
Mini's co-ordinator Daniel Culverwell said: "This is a partnership that just fits for both the rugby club and Adventure Island Play Park.
"We are so pleased to have one of the town's best attractions being part of the rugby club.
"All our players love visiting Adventure Island so having their logo on the new shirts and seeing Pirate Pete come along to some of their games is something the children are excited and proud about."
You may also want to watch:
Donna Taylor, from Sentinel, added: "We are very proud to be associated with the mini's.
"It's a great opportunity to be involved with. It's really important for children to be active and so for us it's an exciting partnership and will hopefully help to promote the game to local children."
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
The L&Y Pirates are non-contact rugby teams which consist of girls and boys aged from six to eight.
The club can also cater for children aged from five up to 12.
The Mini's rugby season starts on Sunday, September 1 at Gunton Park, the home of L&Y RUFC, with sessions running from 10.15am till 11.30am and are completely free and all are welcome.