Labour Party doomed for entering Iraq
NEWS that an inquiry into the Iraq War is to be held a secret is an absolute disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed. Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, announced recently that he was open for a change of policies and admitted that some of the things the Government had done had been wrong.
NEWS that an inquiry into the Iraq War is to be held a secret is an absolute disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed.
Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, announced recently that he was open for a change of policies and admitted that some of the things the Government had done had been wrong. I thought this meant that the Government would be prepared to listen more to ordinary people, but I'm afraid this will not be the case.
As the results of this inquiry will not be announced until after the date of the next general election voters will surely remember this. As Fraser for Dad's Army would have said the Labour Party is 'Doomed' when it was decided to invade Iraq, along with the Americans.
Little thought was given about the aftermath and how the country would be run. As yet nobody, to my knowledge, has found a defence to the suicide bombers. I wonder if this was considered at the time? All the soldiers and other people who lost their lives, or were injured, have been betrayed by the very people who sent them to war in the first place.
You may also want to watch:
GERALD E HOGG
- 1 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 2 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold