Labour Party doomed for entering Iraq
NEWS that an inquiry into the Iraq War is to be held a secret is an absolute disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed. Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, announced recently that he was open for a change of policies and admitted that some of the things the Government had done had been wrong.
NEWS that an inquiry into the Iraq War is to be held a secret is an absolute disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed.
Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, announced recently that he was open for a change of policies and admitted that some of the things the Government had done had been wrong. I thought this meant that the Government would be prepared to listen more to ordinary people, but I'm afraid this will not be the case.
As the results of this inquiry will not be announced until after the date of the next general election voters will surely remember this. As Fraser for Dad's Army would have said the Labour Party is 'Doomed' when it was decided to invade Iraq, along with the Americans.
Little thought was given about the aftermath and how the country would be run. As yet nobody, to my knowledge, has found a defence to the suicide bombers. I wonder if this was considered at the time? All the soldiers and other people who lost their lives, or were injured, have been betrayed by the very people who sent them to war in the first place.
You may also want to watch:
GERALD E HOGG
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft