Labour Party doomed for entering Iraq
NEWS that an inquiry into the Iraq War is to be held a secret is an absolute disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed. Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, announced recently that he was open for a change of policies and admitted that some of the things the Government had done had been wrong.
NEWS that an inquiry into the Iraq War is to be held a secret is an absolute disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed.
Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, announced recently that he was open for a change of policies and admitted that some of the things the Government had done had been wrong. I thought this meant that the Government would be prepared to listen more to ordinary people, but I'm afraid this will not be the case.
As the results of this inquiry will not be announced until after the date of the next general election voters will surely remember this. As Fraser for Dad's Army would have said the Labour Party is 'Doomed' when it was decided to invade Iraq, along with the Americans.
Little thought was given about the aftermath and how the country would be run. As yet nobody, to my knowledge, has found a defence to the suicide bombers. I wonder if this was considered at the time? All the soldiers and other people who lost their lives, or were injured, have been betrayed by the very people who sent them to war in the first place.
You may also want to watch:
GERALD E HOGG
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 7 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son