Land Rover smashes through rail barriers
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.The incident occurred around 7.
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.
The incident occurred around 7.10pm yesterday after the driver parked on the crossing and got out of his vehicle.
As the barrier came down, he got back into the Discovery, before driving off and crashing through the barriers.
Due to the damage, trains were delayed until railway staff could operate the crossing manually.
The man who drove off was later arrested by Essex police.
- 1 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 2 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 5 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 6 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 7 Father-of-four gets driving ban after night out in resort
- 8 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 9 WATCH: Three people and two dogs rescued from car fire
- 10 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park