Land Rover smashes through rail barriers
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.The incident occurred around 7.
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.
The incident occurred around 7.10pm yesterday after the driver parked on the crossing and got out of his vehicle.
As the barrier came down, he got back into the Discovery, before driving off and crashing through the barriers.
Due to the damage, trains were delayed until railway staff could operate the crossing manually.
The man who drove off was later arrested by Essex police.
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 7 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike