Land Rover smashes through rail barriers
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.The incident occurred around 7.
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.
The incident occurred around 7.10pm yesterday after the driver parked on the crossing and got out of his vehicle.
As the barrier came down, he got back into the Discovery, before driving off and crashing through the barriers.
Due to the damage, trains were delayed until railway staff could operate the crossing manually.
You may also want to watch:
The man who drove off was later arrested by Essex police.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 5 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 8 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 9 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 10 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic