Land Rover smashes through rail barriers
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.The incident occurred around 7.
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.
The incident occurred around 7.10pm yesterday after the driver parked on the crossing and got out of his vehicle.
As the barrier came down, he got back into the Discovery, before driving off and crashing through the barriers.
Due to the damage, trains were delayed until railway staff could operate the crossing manually.
You may also want to watch:
The man who drove off was later arrested by Essex police.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success