Land Rover smashes through rail barriers
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.The incident occurred around 7.
TRAINS were delayed on the track between Suffolk and Liverpool Street when a Land Rover Discovery smashed through crossing barriers at Kelvedon.
The incident occurred around 7.10pm yesterday after the driver parked on the crossing and got out of his vehicle.
As the barrier came down, he got back into the Discovery, before driving off and crashing through the barriers.
Due to the damage, trains were delayed until railway staff could operate the crossing manually.
You may also want to watch:
The man who drove off was later arrested by Essex police.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?