Large blaze affecting 400m of undergrowth under control
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have a large blaze on Corton Road under control.
Seven crews rushed to the fire in Lowestoft which a spokesman said was affecting 'approximately 400 metres of undergrowth which is well alight.'
Vehicles are attending the incident from North Lowestoft and Lowestoft South including a Unimog alongside two crews from Norfolk, with the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also saying that access also proved difficult.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: 'We were called at 11.40 and on the scene ten minutes later. We have been asked by the fire service to help with road closures.
'There is a road closure from the Corton Road and Corton Long Lane junction to the Corton Road and Links Road junction.'
You may also want to watch:
The Coastguard were also called to help with scene safety and provided from the beach.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 7 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man