Large blaze affecting 400m of undergrowth under control
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have a large blaze on Corton Road under control.
Seven crews rushed to the fire in Lowestoft which a spokesman said was affecting 'approximately 400 metres of undergrowth which is well alight.'
Vehicles are attending the incident from North Lowestoft and Lowestoft South including a Unimog alongside two crews from Norfolk, with the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also saying that access also proved difficult.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: 'We were called at 11.40 and on the scene ten minutes later. We have been asked by the fire service to help with road closures.
'There is a road closure from the Corton Road and Corton Long Lane junction to the Corton Road and Links Road junction.'
The Coastguard were also called to help with scene safety and provided from the beach.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'A great hero': Terry Butcher hailed on return to hometown
- 4 Dad's anger after bike worth £3,000 stolen from Lowestoft park
- 5 Lowestoft venue teams up with police to carry out drug tests on clubbers
- 6 Organisers 'overwhelmed' as Nearly Festival makes welcome return
- 7 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 8 Chicken restaurant reveals first winner of new 'wing sting' challenge
- 9 Drink-driver who breached suspended sentence avoids jail
- 10 Transformation of town's former hospital site complete