Large blaze affecting 400m of undergrowth under control
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have a large blaze on Corton Road under control.
Seven crews rushed to the fire in Lowestoft which a spokesman said was affecting 'approximately 400 metres of undergrowth which is well alight.'
Vehicles are attending the incident from North Lowestoft and Lowestoft South including a Unimog alongside two crews from Norfolk, with the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also saying that access also proved difficult.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: 'We were called at 11.40 and on the scene ten minutes later. We have been asked by the fire service to help with road closures.
'There is a road closure from the Corton Road and Corton Long Lane junction to the Corton Road and Links Road junction.'
You may also want to watch:
The Coastguard were also called to help with scene safety and provided from the beach.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 3 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Free scooter hire in town for those getting Covid vaccinations
- 10 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy