Last call for charity kart teams
A FINAL rallying call has gone out to people to take part in a charity karting event to raise funds for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each).Companies, businesses and organisations, as well as friends and families, are being invited to participate in the Each Grand Prix 2010 event at Ellough Park Raceway, near Beccles, on Sunday from 9.30am.
A FINAL rallying call has gone out to people to take part in a charity karting event to raise funds for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each).
Companies, businesses and organisations, as well as friends and families, are being invited to participate in the Each Grand Prix 2010 event at Ellough Park Raceway, near Beccles, on Sunday from 9.30am.
It is the fourth consecutive year that Olly Larkin and his fianc�e Claire Ballam have organised the event.
Previous charities have included the East Anglian Air Ambulance, Cancer Research UK and British Heart Foundation, and in all �5,000 have been given between them.
You may also want to watch:
Each was chosen this year as a result of viewing a documentary about hospices that struck a chord with Mr Larkin.
He said: 'This cause is an incredibly necessary and wonderful one.'
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
Mr Larkin said that 26 teams from across East Anglia have already signed up to take part and more are welcome.
To take part in the event participants must organise a team of three drivers as well as raise a suggested sponsorship amount of �100 which will go straight to Each.
The organisers are attempting to raise more than �2,000.
The race entry fee is �65 per team which covers all kart racing equipment as well as over 25 minutes worth of racing per driver. Trophies will be awarded to the race and podium winners as well as the chance to claim overall victory in the super final which will be held at the end of the event.
To book call Olly Larkin on 07847 141431.