Last chance to apply for Suffolk primary school places
- Credit: PA
Parents and carers who need to apply for a full-time place for their child at their preferred primary school for the 2016/2017 school year have until today (Friday, January 15) to do so.
Anyone with children born between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012 can apply for up to three schools either online – which is recommended – or using the paper application form.
An application must be made, even if the child already has a place in a nursery class, pre-school or children's centre.
Any applications received after the deadline will be considered after all the other applications have been processed. This could mean there are no places left at a preferred or nearby school. Last year, Suffolk County Council received more than 950 late applications for primary school places.
Gordon Jones, Suffolk County Council's Cabinet Member for Children's Services, Education and Skills, said: 'If you have a child who will turn four before August 31, 2016, time is running out to apply for a reception school place for September if you have not already done so.
You may also want to watch:
'It is so important that we receive your application by the January 15, 2016 deadline as this will give you the best chance of securing a place for your child at one of your preferred schools.'
Suffolk County Council received 7,928 applications from parents outlining which school they would prefer their children to be educated at from September 2015.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
Of those, 90.2 per cent of applicants received offers for their first preference and 97.2pc of applicants receiving an offer from one of their three preferences.
? Any parents or carers who have not yet applied for a school place should apply online or download an application form at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions or contact Suffolk County Council immediately on 0345 600 0981.