Last chance to enter our Pets on Parade competition
- Credit: Archant
There is still time for you to cast your vote in our popular Pets on Parade contest.
Scores of cute cats and dapper dogs have been entered into our competition – with some other adorable animals vying for the top prizes too.
In last Friday's Journal (February 26) we included a special eight-page supplement which showcased the 103 entries we received.
70 dogs, 17 cats and 16 other pets are in the running this year, and there is still time for you to cast that all-important vote.
The competition, which is being run in conjunction with Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft, gives readers the chance to vote for their favourites.
You may also want to watch:
There are no prizes awarded to those of you who send in your votes, but there are some great prizes on offer to the owners of the picture perfect pets who receive the most votes, and the runners-up too.
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for any pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes on offer for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each category.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
The owners of the winning pet in each category will receive a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait – worth £190 – of their dog, cat or other pet, courtesy of Picture Studios.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in portraits from Picture Studios, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits – worth £46 – going to those in third-place.
By voting in the competition you will be helping us to choose the most attractive dog, cat and other pets in our circulation area – and no doubt putting a big smile on the faces of their proud owners.
Once the votes have been counted, the winning owners will be contacted by The Journal to arrange for a presentation of the prizes.
? To cast your vote, simply fill in the entry coupon printed in last Friday's Journal. Copies are still available from our office in London Road North.
You can vote as many times as you wish – but photocopies will not be accepted. The closing date for entries is noon on Friday, March 11.