Last chance to enter perfect pets contest
- Credit: Archant
There's still time for picture perfect pets in the Lowestoft and Southwold areas to shine!
This is the last chance for the cutest canines, fabulous felines and the area's other photogenic pets to enter into The Journal's Pets on Parade competition.
Once again, we have teamed up with Picture Studios, in Lowestoft town centre, for this year's contest – and as in previous years, there is an opportunity on offer to win some great prizes.
After hundreds of readers' votes flooded into The Journal's office for the pets featured in last year's closely-fought competition, the battle for the top spots is likely to be fierce once again.
Last February, we published a special pull-out featuring pictures of 95 pets who all entered the competition in the hope of being crowned the 2015 Pets on Parade champions.
You may also want to watch:
So to ensure your pet has a chance of emulating last year's winners, you will need to enter your pet by filling in the form in The Journal and booking your pet in to have its photo taken at Picture Studios for the week beginning Monday, February 1.
All of the photographs will appear in The Journal in the very near future, along with a form allowing people to vote for their favourite.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each.
The owners of the dog which polls the most votes will win a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190, from Picture Studios.
The winners of the cats category will receive the same prize and the winners of the other pets category will also win the canvas wrap portrait.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in framed portraits, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits (worth £46) for those in third-place.
? Simply book to have your pet's picture taken by ringing 01502 573154, or drop into Picture Studios at 117, London Road North, Lowestoft.
? The entry form MUST be handed over to Picture Studios staff before the photos are taken. Early booking is recommended.