Latitude: Comedy preview
Simon ParkinLatitude's comedy tent seems to grow in size each year simply because it often proves so popular that heaving crowds can't get inside.Simon Parkin
Latitude's comedy tent seems to grow in size each year simply because it often proves so popular that heaving crowds can't get inside.
This year they'll again be big screens outside. Just as well, as this year's line-up is a who's who of stand-up talent. There's barely a top touring comic who won't be picking up the mic at some point during the weekend.
The big names include Tommy Tiernan, Russell Kane, David O'Doherty (all Fri), laconic American stand-up Rich Hall, Ardal O'Hanlon (both Sat), Mark Watson and Richard Herring (both Sun).
All need no introduction and they're all sure to draw big crowds.
You may also want to watch:
One definitely not to miss is cult American comic Emo Philips (Sun), making a rare visit to these shores.
Marcus Brigstocke will again be hosting his popular The Early Edition, with co-host Andre Vincent, and Phil Jupitus will host his Improv show.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Slightly less well known, to TV viewers at least, are hyperkinetic curmudgeon Robin Ince, the always happy Josie Long and Shooting Stars regular Angelos Epithemiou.
Other award-winning top draws will be Stephen k Amos, Dominic Holland, Holly Walsh and Miles Jupp, whose again returns to stand-up.
After the comedy finishes the Comedy Arena will be taken over by Guilty Pleasures for some retro-nostalgia dance-floor action.