Lauren Lou event in Lowestoft proves to be a big success
THE first major event in a drive to raise funds for Cancer Research UK has been hailed a success.
The Journal reported two weeks ago on Lauren Lou – a specially modified Reliant Robin three-wheeler – which has been modified and painted pink to support the charity.
Last Friday her owners staged a night of entertainment at Lowestoft Town FC, in Love Road, raising �2,390.
Gary Bennett, who helped organise the event, said: 'All of this was made possible by a fantastic donation from Lowestoft Town FC, which supplied the venue free and our thanks go to chairman Gary Keyzor for his kind gesture.'
Mr Keyzor also donated prizes, the function room and security staff free of charge, he said.
You may also want to watch:
The event featured three bands – The Wright Stuff, Trailerpark and Second Hand Blues – co-ordinated by Adrian Nowell, of Soundraisers. They were supported by Paul Rice, the resident club DJ. All gave their time free.
Mr Bennett also thanked Simon Ereira for his support in promoting the event and said he was grateful to Claire Fox and his own daughter Kim, of Tones Hair Design, who co-ordinated all the raffle prizes and selling tickets.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
'We'd like to thank everyone who donated prizes and bought raffle tickets,' said Mr Bennett, who hopes the final sum will top �2500.
To donate or book Lauren Lou to attend an event, ring Mr Bennett on 07880 957871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org