Learn how to rescue whales, dolphins and seals at course in Lowestoft
A special course is being held in Lowestoft this weekend - with locals being encouraged to attend to learn how to rescue whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals.
The British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) charity – a UK-based marine animal rescue organisation - has arranged for a course to be held.
The BDMLR Marine Mammal Medic Course, which has been developed to train members of the public on how to safely rescue stranded whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals, will be held at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club between 9.30am to 4.30pm on Sunday (November 24).
Spaces are still available for the full-day course, which includes lectures and three practical sessions using a life-size whale, dolphin and seal model.
You do not need to be a diver to take part, but the minimum age is 16.
You may also want to watch:
Book you place for the course, which costs £90, via www.bdmlr.org.uk or call 01825 765546.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 6 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 9 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight