Learn how to rescue whales, dolphins and seals at course in Lowestoft
A special course is being held in Lowestoft this weekend - with locals being encouraged to attend to learn how to rescue whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals.
The British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) charity – a UK-based marine animal rescue organisation - has arranged for a course to be held.
The BDMLR Marine Mammal Medic Course, which has been developed to train members of the public on how to safely rescue stranded whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals, will be held at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club between 9.30am to 4.30pm on Sunday (November 24).
Spaces are still available for the full-day course, which includes lectures and three practical sessions using a life-size whale, dolphin and seal model.
You do not need to be a diver to take part, but the minimum age is 16.
You may also want to watch:
Book you place for the course, which costs £90, via www.bdmlr.org.uk or call 01825 765546.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft