Learn how to rescue whales, dolphins and seals at course in Lowestoft
A special course is being held in Lowestoft this weekend - with locals being encouraged to attend to learn how to rescue whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals.
The British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) charity – a UK-based marine animal rescue organisation - has arranged for a course to be held.
The BDMLR Marine Mammal Medic Course, which has been developed to train members of the public on how to safely rescue stranded whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals, will be held at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club between 9.30am to 4.30pm on Sunday (November 24).
Spaces are still available for the full-day course, which includes lectures and three practical sessions using a life-size whale, dolphin and seal model.
You do not need to be a diver to take part, but the minimum age is 16.
You may also want to watch:
Book you place for the course, which costs £90, via www.bdmlr.org.uk or call 01825 765546.
- 1 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?