Learn how to rescue whales, dolphins and seals at course in Lowestoft
A special course is being held in Lowestoft this weekend - with locals being encouraged to attend to learn how to rescue whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals.
The British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) charity – a UK-based marine animal rescue organisation - has arranged for a course to be held.
The BDMLR Marine Mammal Medic Course, which has been developed to train members of the public on how to safely rescue stranded whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals, will be held at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club between 9.30am to 4.30pm on Sunday (November 24).
Spaces are still available for the full-day course, which includes lectures and three practical sessions using a life-size whale, dolphin and seal model.
You do not need to be a diver to take part, but the minimum age is 16.
You may also want to watch:
Book you place for the course, which costs £90, via www.bdmlr.org.uk or call 01825 765546.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 3 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 4 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 5 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 8 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 9 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 10 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'