Letter of the week
I HAVE lived in Lowestoft for the past 20 years and I am so glad that I moved to this area of England.The town is good, the people are lovely and Lowestoft has so much to offer any holidaymaker.
I HAVE lived in Lowestoft for the past 20 years and I am so glad that I moved to this area of England.
The town is good, the people are lovely and Lowestoft has so much to offer any holidaymaker. You can enjoy the sea or the countryside; within a few minutes one can be in some of the most beautiful parts of England.
Unfortunately, there is one thing that spoils this lovely town … all the litter and dog faeces that are found on the pavements.
I don't know if it is like this anywhere else in the town, but where I live, people leave no end of rubbish and there are those who allow their animals to foul the footpath.
You may also want to watch:
Every morning on my way to St Margaret's Church, I pick up crisp and sweet packets, bottles and cartons. The other day I actually picked up a beer bottle that someone had used to relieve themselves, it was half full of urine, they had put the top back on. Any child could have picked it up and drank it!
One day I counted nine pieces of rubbish. On my return home I picked up a good number of crisp and sweet packets, but worse was to come - someone had allowed their dog to foul the pavement in three or four different places and children going to school had stepped in it.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 New venture for 'beautiful' seafront B&B
I went to Spain a few weeks ago and all the streets were spotless, and the same goes for Italy.
I believe that we have become one of the dirtiest countries in Europe.
Can I beg people to take their littler home with them and if their dog does foul the pavement please clean it up. We all need to enjoy our town, but it won't be a place we can really take pride in and enjoy unless we all work towards a cleaner environment.
Capt JOHN WORSFOLD
This wins our Letter of the Week Award and the writer will receive a bouquet courtesy of Sansom's Florists.