‘Dream’ documentary on town is ‘really coming to life’
- Credit: Archant
A brand new documentary about the UK’s most easterly town is set to have its official trailer released.
The trailer for the Life of Lowestoft documentary, which is set to be premiered this summer, will be released on Friday, March 20.
It features a jam packed nine months of filming, which was undertaken by the director of the project Joshua Freemantle and was officially completed on March 6 at Suffolk Wildlife’s Carlton Marshes nature reserve.
During the project filming, Mr Freemantle was given behind the scenes access to ABP’s Lowestoft Port, was taken aboard the CEFAS Endeavour and their brand new headquarters in Lowestoft, as well as documenting the inaugural First Light Festival, Heritage Open Days and the Lowestoft Scores preservation work.
The project has also included support from local historians Bob Collis and Ivan Bunn, who have taken part in filming or supported with the script to make sure the town’s key moments of history are highlighted.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Freemantle said: “I set out with the vision of wanting to create this documentary project on behalf of Lowestoft Rising with no funding at all.
“But then it became very evident this wouldn’t be possible and I’m very thankful that we have the kind support of our funders which are the East Anglia Art Fund, Lowestoft Rising, Making Waves Together, East Suffolk Council and Kirkley People’s Forum.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
“Otherwise we just simply wouldn’t see this project existing today.”
The official trailer is set to be released on Friday, March 20 at 4pm.
The premiere will be on screened at the Marina Theatre on Wednesday, June 10 with tickets on sale now.
You can watch the official trailer live as its launch online via lifeoflowestoft.co.uk/trailer or by visiting the Life of Lowestoft Facebook page.
Phil Aves, change manager for Lowestoft Rising, said: “Lowestoft has rarely celebrated itself and rarely captured all the good things that have happened here in the past.
“Life of Lowestoft looks to change that and create a documentary about the town, by the town, which we can add to in the future but always have a history of the past and present.
“Joshua’s dream and ideas are really coming to life.”