Lifeboat image wins Lowestoft photographer our weekly prize
- Credit: Archant
RESCUE CREW: Three members of the volunteer Sea Palling Lifeboat crew have safely landed a keen amateur photographer with our Picture of the Week prize.
The image was taken by Michael Butcher, of Lowestoft, and his imagination was captured after seeing the spray from the boat as it glided past him on a beautiful day.
A delighted Mr Butcher, who has now won the competition seven times, said: 'The Norfolk Countryside Photos Facebook group was inviting people to take some pictures for their calendar next year. They showed us the launch and gave us some demonstrations and this picture was my favourite one from the day. The boat was passing me at the time and I liked the wash around it.'
Mr Butcher took the picture on his Canon 40D camera and he has been interested in photography for about 30 years.
'I had my camera on continuous setting to capture the movement of the subject,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
'The Sea Pauling lifeboat is privately funded and I had an enjoyable day seeing what they do.'
As our winner, Mr Butcher receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 6 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize- a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.