Lifeboat image wins Lowestoft photographer our weekly prize
- Credit: Archant
RESCUE CREW: Three members of the volunteer Sea Palling Lifeboat crew have safely landed a keen amateur photographer with our Picture of the Week prize.
The image was taken by Michael Butcher, of Lowestoft, and his imagination was captured after seeing the spray from the boat as it glided past him on a beautiful day.
A delighted Mr Butcher, who has now won the competition seven times, said: 'The Norfolk Countryside Photos Facebook group was inviting people to take some pictures for their calendar next year. They showed us the launch and gave us some demonstrations and this picture was my favourite one from the day. The boat was passing me at the time and I liked the wash around it.'
Mr Butcher took the picture on his Canon 40D camera and he has been interested in photography for about 30 years.
'I had my camera on continuous setting to capture the movement of the subject,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
'The Sea Pauling lifeboat is privately funded and I had an enjoyable day seeing what they do.'
As our winner, Mr Butcher receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 4 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 5 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 6 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize- a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.