Search launched after reports man jumps into sea off Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A maritime search operation was launched off Lowestoft after it was reported a man had jumped into the sea after it was believed he had dropped his phone in it.
Lowestoft Lifeboat Station was called at noon on Saturday to the sea off North Beach and despatched a boat.
Coxswain John Fox said: 'We located the male on the North Beach almost at Corton.
'He was out of the water and safely ashore and walking with another person who was looking after him.
'The Coastguard Rescue teams from Gorleston and Lowestoft attended to check that he was okay.'
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Gorleston Coastguard team, which was on duty for the Great Yarmouth Air Show, said: 'Upon arrival we found the male out of the water on the beach along with a member of the public that had assisted.
'The male was then escorted to one of the access points to meet with the ambulance service and police.'
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced