Search launched after reports man jumps into sea off Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A maritime search operation was launched off Lowestoft after it was reported a man had jumped into the sea after it was believed he had dropped his phone in it.
Lowestoft Lifeboat Station was called at noon on Saturday to the sea off North Beach and despatched a boat.
Coxswain John Fox said: 'We located the male on the North Beach almost at Corton.
'He was out of the water and safely ashore and walking with another person who was looking after him.
'The Coastguard Rescue teams from Gorleston and Lowestoft attended to check that he was okay.'
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Gorleston Coastguard team, which was on duty for the Great Yarmouth Air Show, said: 'Upon arrival we found the male out of the water on the beach along with a member of the public that had assisted.
'The male was then escorted to one of the access points to meet with the ambulance service and police.'
- 1 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 2 Missing pregnant woman found
- 3 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 4 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 7 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 9 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 10 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'