Lifeboat rescues man at Lowestoft
A man was rescued from the sea by the Lowestoft lifeboat this evening.The lifeboat was called out just before 6pm to reports of a man in difficulty of the end of the South Pier.
A man was rescued from the sea by the Lowestoft lifeboat this evening.
The lifeboat was called out just before 6pm to reports of a man in difficulty of the end of the South Pier. The Spirit of Lowestoft lifeboat was launched within five minutes and picked the man up. The lifeboat was met by an ambulance and a first responder, and the man was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
Mike Richford, from Lowestoft lifeboat, said: 'We don't know how he got there, whether he was swept out from the beach. It looks as though he is going to be ok.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft