Lifeboat rescues man at Lowestoft
A man was rescued from the sea by the Lowestoft lifeboat this evening.The lifeboat was called out just before 6pm to reports of a man in difficulty of the end of the South Pier.
A man was rescued from the sea by the Lowestoft lifeboat this evening.
The lifeboat was called out just before 6pm to reports of a man in difficulty of the end of the South Pier. The Spirit of Lowestoft lifeboat was launched within five minutes and picked the man up. The lifeboat was met by an ambulance and a first responder, and the man was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
Mike Richford, from Lowestoft lifeboat, said: 'We don't know how he got there, whether he was swept out from the beach. It looks as though he is going to be ok.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 10 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away