Lifeboats help boat off Southwold
Hayley MaceTwo lifeboats have launched to help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.A fishing vessel had engine trouble about six miles east of the town.Hayley Mace
Two lifeboats were launched this morningto help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.
The Lowestoft lifeboat and the Southwold in-shore lifeboat launched just before 9am after receiving reports of a fishing vessel with engine trouble about six miles east of Southwold.
The Southwold boat stayed alongside the Lowestoft-based Catherine Annie, which had two crew members on board, until the Lowestoft lifeboat arrived to tow the 14.8m vessel back to port.
The two boats arrived back in port in Lowestoft at about 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 3 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 7 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold