Lifeboats help boat off Southwold
Hayley MaceTwo lifeboats have launched to help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.A fishing vessel had engine trouble about six miles east of the town.Hayley Mace
Two lifeboats were launched this morningto help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.
The Lowestoft lifeboat and the Southwold in-shore lifeboat launched just before 9am after receiving reports of a fishing vessel with engine trouble about six miles east of Southwold.
The Southwold boat stayed alongside the Lowestoft-based Catherine Annie, which had two crew members on board, until the Lowestoft lifeboat arrived to tow the 14.8m vessel back to port.
The two boats arrived back in port in Lowestoft at about 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month