Lifeboats help boat off Southwold
Hayley MaceTwo lifeboats have launched to help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.A fishing vessel had engine trouble about six miles east of the town.Hayley Mace
Two lifeboats were launched this morningto help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.
The Lowestoft lifeboat and the Southwold in-shore lifeboat launched just before 9am after receiving reports of a fishing vessel with engine trouble about six miles east of Southwold.
The Southwold boat stayed alongside the Lowestoft-based Catherine Annie, which had two crew members on board, until the Lowestoft lifeboat arrived to tow the 14.8m vessel back to port.
The two boats arrived back in port in Lowestoft at about 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 2 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 3 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools