Lifeboats help boat off Southwold
Hayley MaceTwo lifeboats have launched to help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.A fishing vessel had engine trouble about six miles east of the town.Hayley Mace
Two lifeboats were launched this morningto help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.
The Lowestoft lifeboat and the Southwold in-shore lifeboat launched just before 9am after receiving reports of a fishing vessel with engine trouble about six miles east of Southwold.
The Southwold boat stayed alongside the Lowestoft-based Catherine Annie, which had two crew members on board, until the Lowestoft lifeboat arrived to tow the 14.8m vessel back to port.
The two boats arrived back in port in Lowestoft at about 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced