Lifeboats help boat off Southwold
Hayley MaceTwo lifeboats have launched to help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.A fishing vessel had engine trouble about six miles east of the town.Hayley Mace
Two lifeboats were launched this morningto help a fishing boat in trouble off Southwold.
The Lowestoft lifeboat and the Southwold in-shore lifeboat launched just before 9am after receiving reports of a fishing vessel with engine trouble about six miles east of Southwold.
The Southwold boat stayed alongside the Lowestoft-based Catherine Annie, which had two crew members on board, until the Lowestoft lifeboat arrived to tow the 14.8m vessel back to port.
The two boats arrived back in port in Lowestoft at about 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease