Lifeboats help yacht off Southwold
Hayley MaceLifeboats from Lowestoft and Southwold were called out to help a yacht with engine problems this afternoon.The yacht, which left Yarmouth this morning heading for the Isle of Wight, had engine problems off Southwold, near to the harbour entrance.Hayley Mace
Lifeboats from Lowestoft and Southwold were called out to help a yacht with engine problems this afternoon.
The yacht, which left Yarmouth this morning heading for the Isle of Wight, had engine problems off Southwold, near to the harbour entrance.
Southwold lifeboat launched at about 2.30pm to tow the vessel away from the harbour.
A spokesman for Yarmouth Coastguard said that the lifeboat crew managed to fix the engine problem, but decided to escort the yacht into Lowestoft harbour in case its engine failed again.
You may also want to watch:
The Lowestoft lifeboat was called at about 5pm to take over from the Southwold crew to see the yacht into the port.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 7 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 8 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 9 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 10 Man dies following collision on A12