Lifeboats help yacht off Southwold
Hayley MaceLifeboats from Lowestoft and Southwold were called out to help a yacht with engine problems this afternoon.The yacht, which left Yarmouth this morning heading for the Isle of Wight, had engine problems off Southwold, near to the harbour entrance.Hayley Mace
Lifeboats from Lowestoft and Southwold were called out to help a yacht with engine problems this afternoon.
The yacht, which left Yarmouth this morning heading for the Isle of Wight, had engine problems off Southwold, near to the harbour entrance.
Southwold lifeboat launched at about 2.30pm to tow the vessel away from the harbour.
A spokesman for Yarmouth Coastguard said that the lifeboat crew managed to fix the engine problem, but decided to escort the yacht into Lowestoft harbour in case its engine failed again.
You may also want to watch:
The Lowestoft lifeboat was called at about 5pm to take over from the Southwold crew to see the yacht into the port.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme