Lifeboats help yacht off Southwold
Hayley MaceLifeboats from Lowestoft and Southwold were called out to help a yacht with engine problems this afternoon.The yacht, which left Yarmouth this morning heading for the Isle of Wight, had engine problems off Southwold, near to the harbour entrance.Hayley Mace
Lifeboats from Lowestoft and Southwold were called out to help a yacht with engine problems this afternoon.
The yacht, which left Yarmouth this morning heading for the Isle of Wight, had engine problems off Southwold, near to the harbour entrance.
Southwold lifeboat launched at about 2.30pm to tow the vessel away from the harbour.
A spokesman for Yarmouth Coastguard said that the lifeboat crew managed to fix the engine problem, but decided to escort the yacht into Lowestoft harbour in case its engine failed again.
The Lowestoft lifeboat was called at about 5pm to take over from the Southwold crew to see the yacht into the port.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' - Warning issued after cliff fall
- 2 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 5 Three-bed flat on Lowestoft beach with sea views on sale for £400k
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Southwold woman saved cyclist's life after crashing into river
- 8 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 9 Comedian Andy Parsons to perform at two coastal towns in the same night
- 10 Artistes from around the world captivate crowds during 'epic' show