Light snowfall in Lowestoft - chilly conditions in prospect
A VERY cold day lies ahead across Suffolk with scattered wintry showers also forecast.
Light sleety snowflakes started falling in Lowestoft this morning, but as yet no snow has been laying. Sunny intervals will grapple with sleet or snow showers, especially in areas near the coast.
Very cold northerly winds will make maximum temperatures of 4C seem even chillier.
More sleet and snow showers are predicted near the coast tonight and temperatures will fall below freezing.
Tomorrow (Friday) will be generally rather cloudy with the occasional shower of sleet or snow. Temperatures will rise no higher than 3C.
You may also want to watch:
The outlook for the weekend is much the same, with few bright spells predicted to lift the mood.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft