Light snowfall in Lowestoft - chilly conditions in prospect
A VERY cold day lies ahead across Suffolk with scattered wintry showers also forecast.
Light sleety snowflakes started falling in Lowestoft this morning, but as yet no snow has been laying. Sunny intervals will grapple with sleet or snow showers, especially in areas near the coast.
Very cold northerly winds will make maximum temperatures of 4C seem even chillier.
More sleet and snow showers are predicted near the coast tonight and temperatures will fall below freezing.
Tomorrow (Friday) will be generally rather cloudy with the occasional shower of sleet or snow. Temperatures will rise no higher than 3C.
You may also want to watch:
The outlook for the weekend is much the same, with few bright spells predicted to lift the mood.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 7 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy