Light snowfall in Lowestoft - chilly conditions in prospect
A VERY cold day lies ahead across Suffolk with scattered wintry showers also forecast.
Light sleety snowflakes started falling in Lowestoft this morning, but as yet no snow has been laying. Sunny intervals will grapple with sleet or snow showers, especially in areas near the coast.
Very cold northerly winds will make maximum temperatures of 4C seem even chillier.
More sleet and snow showers are predicted near the coast tonight and temperatures will fall below freezing.
Tomorrow (Friday) will be generally rather cloudy with the occasional shower of sleet or snow. Temperatures will rise no higher than 3C.
The outlook for the weekend is much the same, with few bright spells predicted to lift the mood.
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Waveney MP says PM should 'hold up his hands' over No 10 party