Care home residents don top hats and tiaras for Royal Wedding celebration
- Credit: Archant
Residents, staff and visitors came together to celebrate the marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage, in Oulton Broad, elected for a theme of top hats and tiaras, while everyone donned their best clothes ready to watch the ceremony on television.
The home was decorated with bunting and congratulations signs made for the happy couple, before Union Jacks a plenty were waved as the couple officially tied the knot.
Later on in the afternoon, everyone enjoyed a buffet-style tea and the cook, Diana Homes, made a special lemon and elderflower wedding cake decorated with crystallised flowers for the occasion.
There was also music, a royal-themed quiz and residents had fun trying on each other's hats.
You may also want to watch:
Residents thoroughly enjoyed the day and there was plenty of interested chatting about the new Duchess of Sussex's wedding dress, as well as the service at the church.
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday