Care home residents don top hats and tiaras for Royal Wedding celebration
- Credit: Archant
Residents, staff and visitors came together to celebrate the marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage, in Oulton Broad, elected for a theme of top hats and tiaras, while everyone donned their best clothes ready to watch the ceremony on television.
The home was decorated with bunting and congratulations signs made for the happy couple, before Union Jacks a plenty were waved as the couple officially tied the knot.
Later on in the afternoon, everyone enjoyed a buffet-style tea and the cook, Diana Homes, made a special lemon and elderflower wedding cake decorated with crystallised flowers for the occasion.
There was also music, a royal-themed quiz and residents had fun trying on each other's hats.
You may also want to watch:
Residents thoroughly enjoyed the day and there was plenty of interested chatting about the new Duchess of Sussex's wedding dress, as well as the service at the church.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted