New state-of-the-art school to open in Oulton next year
- Credit: Archant
A new free school for Lowestoft is set to open in September 2018, with the latest image of the building unveiled by the trust today.
The Limes Primary Academy in Oulton will be run by the REAch2 Academy Trust, initially offering 60 places in Reception next year with an eventual total capacity for 420 children.
Building work started on the school in July this year, located on Lime Avenue, and the academy will also have a pre-school on site offering 30 places to the local community.
The school building, designed by Concertus Design and Property Consultants and built by Barnes Construction, is a mix of single and two storey interlinked blocks, providing a focal point within the surrounding housing developments. The location responds to the planned increase in local housing in the area.
Principal designate, Kate Cracknell, said: 'It is such an exciting opportunity to open a brand new, state-of-the-art school, growing learners for life from the very outset. The fabulous design, which includes a studio, creative arts space and a dedicated pre-school, will really help us in delivering exceptional opportunities for learning.'
You may also want to watch:
The school has been designed to be adaptable and flexible, with a view to community use outside the school day. The pre-school will be housed alongside the primary school in a single-story building, designed to be more domestic in scale, with a large open plan play space.
Suffolk county councillor Gordon Jones, cabinet member for children's services, education and skills, said: 'We are delighted that the school building is progressing well, ahead of its opening in September. This will be an exciting development for Oulton, providing much-needed additional school places to the area.'
Parents and carers wanting to apply for a reception year place at the school from September must apply by the closing date, January 15, 2018 by visiting thelimesacademy.org/admissions-policy/
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 8 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
To register for a pre-school place, families can get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Anyone wishing to find out more about the school is invited to attend the trust's next consultation event on January 9, 2018, from 9.30am to 4.30pm at Gunton Primary Academy in Lowestoft.