Limited number of trains from Norwich to London during strikes
Commuters hoping to get to London tomorrow and Friday were warned that only three trains will run from Norwich each morning.
Commuters hoping to get to London tomorrow and Friday were warned thats only three trains will run from Norwich each morning.
National Express East Anglia said a limited service would operate between Norwich, Colchester and London Liverpool Street because of strikes planned by drivers' union Aslef and the Rail Maritime Transport (RMT) union.
An NXEA spokeswoman also confirmed they do not expect any rural services to be running (for example Norwich to Cambridge, Norwich to Sheringham, Norwich to Great Yarmouth, Norwich to Lowestoft).
Trains will run from Norwich at 5.40am, 6.40am and 7.40am and then 2pm, 3pm and 4pm into London Liverpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
Return journeys will be available at 8.30am, 9.30am, 10.30am, 4.30pm, 5.30pm and 6.30pm into Norwich.
Other travel options being offered include a combination of East Midlands Trains and First Capital Connect services from Norwich to Ely then on to King's Cross.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 4 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 10 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
National Express has said that passengers will be entitled to a refund for the relevant day's travel if a strike does take place, and they can use their tickets the day before or after the strike days to avoid problems.
Timetables for during the strike can be downloaded at http://www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com/train_times/train_service_alterations/industrial_action_altered_timetables.