How to find out when bins will be collected in East Suffolk this Christmas
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Details of bin collection changes over the festive period will be passed on to East Suffolk residents from next week.
East Suffolk Norse will be distributing bin hangers to all households in the district from Monday, which will provide residents with information about the changes for Christmas and New Year.
Bins may be collected on a different day to the usual schedule during this period.
Councillor James Mallinder, East Suffolk Council's cabinet member for the environment, said: "Our partners at East Suffolk Norse work hard during the Christmas and New Year period to ensure the frequency of bin collections is retained, despite the bank holidays.
"To avoid disappointment and missed bin collections, I urge residents to check the bin hanger when they receive it as there may be changes to their usual collections.
Normal bin collections will resume from Monday, January 11, 2021.
The councillor also urged residents to recycle correctly.
- 1 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 4 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 5 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 6 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 9 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 10 Man bitten on the nose as he tried to make citizen's arrest
For details of bin collections, go to: www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/refuse-collection.
To find out what can and cannot be recycled in kerbside bins, go to: www.suffolkrecycling.org.uk/a-z-of-recycling.