How to find out when bins will be collected in East Suffolk this Christmas
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Details of bin collection changes over the festive period will be passed on to East Suffolk residents from next week.
East Suffolk Norse will be distributing bin hangers to all households in the district from Monday, which will provide residents with information about the changes for Christmas and New Year.
Bins may be collected on a different day to the usual schedule during this period.
Councillor James Mallinder, East Suffolk Council's cabinet member for the environment, said: "Our partners at East Suffolk Norse work hard during the Christmas and New Year period to ensure the frequency of bin collections is retained, despite the bank holidays.
"To avoid disappointment and missed bin collections, I urge residents to check the bin hanger when they receive it as there may be changes to their usual collections.
Normal bin collections will resume from Monday, January 11, 2021.
The councillor also urged residents to recycle correctly.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
For details of bin collections, go to: www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/refuse-collection.
To find out what can and cannot be recycled in kerbside bins, go to: www.suffolkrecycling.org.uk/a-z-of-recycling.