Local men arrested on drugs suspicion
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm.
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.
A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm. The vehicle was searched and several wraps of white powder were found.
Four men in the vehicle - a 27-year-old, a 19-year-old and an 18-year-old all from Lowestoft and a 23-year-old from Carlton Colville - were arrested initially on suspicion of possession of a class A drug.
A further quantity of white powder was found in the vehicle after officers and a drugs dog carried out a full search of the Renault. All four were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs and are currently in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where they will be interviewed by officers.
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
- 10 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s