Local men arrested on drugs suspicion
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm.
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.
A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm. The vehicle was searched and several wraps of white powder were found.
Four men in the vehicle - a 27-year-old, a 19-year-old and an 18-year-old all from Lowestoft and a 23-year-old from Carlton Colville - were arrested initially on suspicion of possession of a class A drug.
A further quantity of white powder was found in the vehicle after officers and a drugs dog carried out a full search of the Renault. All four were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs and are currently in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where they will be interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van