Local men arrested on drugs suspicion
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm.
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.
A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm. The vehicle was searched and several wraps of white powder were found.
Four men in the vehicle - a 27-year-old, a 19-year-old and an 18-year-old all from Lowestoft and a 23-year-old from Carlton Colville - were arrested initially on suspicion of possession of a class A drug.
A further quantity of white powder was found in the vehicle after officers and a drugs dog carried out a full search of the Renault. All four were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs and are currently in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where they will be interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 2 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 3 A12 closed following serious three-vehicle crash
- 4 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 5 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 6 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 7 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Man charged following early morning burglary attempt
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft
- 10 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook