Local men arrested on drugs suspicion
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm.
FOUR men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs after police stopped a vehicle on the A146 at Beccles yesterday.
A black Renault was stop checked by police on the Beccles bypass around 5.30pm. The vehicle was searched and several wraps of white powder were found.
Four men in the vehicle - a 27-year-old, a 19-year-old and an 18-year-old all from Lowestoft and a 23-year-old from Carlton Colville - were arrested initially on suspicion of possession of a class A drug.
A further quantity of white powder was found in the vehicle after officers and a drugs dog carried out a full search of the Renault. All four were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs and are currently in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where they will be interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings