Locals react to Lake Lothing Third Crossing design proposal
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
Facebook users have been passing judgement on the proposed designs for Lowestoft's long-awaited third crossing.
Local people got their first taste of what the new crossing over Lake Lothing will look like on Friday (August 18), after Suffolk County Council released a series of images.
Many have since taken to social media to air their views on the plans, which have been in the pipeline for a number of years.
Some users were sceptical as to whether the bridge will ever actually be built. Jan Darby commented 'I'll believe it when I see it', whilst Will Pumfrett added 'if it ever actually happens...'.
Several people expressed their impatience at having to wait so long for the crossing. Paul Jervis said 'could we just have it built instead of looking at pictures', before Selina Yarrow commented 'just build it and quick!!!'.
You may also want to watch:
Others criticised the design of the crossing, with Graham Elliott stating 'why not build it higher then everything need not come to a standstill.' Maria Ann Randell also took issue, asking 'why not just build a flyover?'.
Local people will be able to give their feedback online, by post or at public consultation events from September 4 to October 16 2017.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast