Locals react to Lake Lothing Third Crossing design proposal
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
Facebook users have been passing judgement on the proposed designs for Lowestoft's long-awaited third crossing.
Local people got their first taste of what the new crossing over Lake Lothing will look like on Friday (August 18), after Suffolk County Council released a series of images.
Many have since taken to social media to air their views on the plans, which have been in the pipeline for a number of years.
Some users were sceptical as to whether the bridge will ever actually be built. Jan Darby commented 'I'll believe it when I see it', whilst Will Pumfrett added 'if it ever actually happens...'.
Several people expressed their impatience at having to wait so long for the crossing. Paul Jervis said 'could we just have it built instead of looking at pictures', before Selina Yarrow commented 'just build it and quick!!!'.
You may also want to watch:
Others criticised the design of the crossing, with Graham Elliott stating 'why not build it higher then everything need not come to a standstill.' Maria Ann Randell also took issue, asking 'why not just build a flyover?'.
Local people will be able to give their feedback online, by post or at public consultation events from September 4 to October 16 2017.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary