Locals react to Lake Lothing Third Crossing design proposal
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
Facebook users have been passing judgement on the proposed designs for Lowestoft's long-awaited third crossing.
Local people got their first taste of what the new crossing over Lake Lothing will look like on Friday (August 18), after Suffolk County Council released a series of images.
Many have since taken to social media to air their views on the plans, which have been in the pipeline for a number of years.
Some users were sceptical as to whether the bridge will ever actually be built. Jan Darby commented 'I'll believe it when I see it', whilst Will Pumfrett added 'if it ever actually happens...'.
Several people expressed their impatience at having to wait so long for the crossing. Paul Jervis said 'could we just have it built instead of looking at pictures', before Selina Yarrow commented 'just build it and quick!!!'.
You may also want to watch:
Others criticised the design of the crossing, with Graham Elliott stating 'why not build it higher then everything need not come to a standstill.' Maria Ann Randell also took issue, asking 'why not just build a flyover?'.
Local people will be able to give their feedback online, by post or at public consultation events from September 4 to October 16 2017.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 6 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 7 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 9 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars