Log on to help with Southwold switch on
PREPARATIONS for a display of festive illuminations are getting under way in Southwold with a new website and sponsor.The Christmas lights in the resort will this year be partly sponsored by local brewery Adnams and fundraising is already under way to pay for the display, which will be switched on Friday December 4.
PREPARATIONS for a display of festive illuminations are getting under way in Southwold with a new website and sponsor.
The Christmas lights in the resort will this year be partly sponsored by local brewery Adnams and fundraising is already under way to pay for the display, which will be switched on Friday December 4.
A new website has also been launched to give information about the switch-on and fundraising events. It also features an online donations page for anyone who would like to help towards the display.
On Saturday (August 22), the Southwold maize maze will hold a torchlight evening to raise money for the lights, with the opportunity to find your way around the maze after dark and a fish and chip supper.
You may also want to watch:
Following the success of an Easter egg spotting competition, a beach hut bonanza is also taking place in the town with 74 beach huts hidden in windows of businesses in the high Street. The competition runs until September 6 and costs 50p to take part, with entry forms available from Spots, Orwell Books and the tourist information centre.
Last month, a new calendar was launched featuring tongue-in-cheek naked shots of businesspeople from Southwold and Reydon and it is hoped that it will raise about �3,000 towards the lights.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
For information on sponsoring the lights and all fundraising events, visit www.southwoldatchristmas.co.uk.