Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- Credit: Mick Howes
A major road in Lowestoft is currently partially closed due to an ongoing police incident in the town.
The police are currently on the scene of an incident in London Road South, with traffic building in the area due to the closure.
A man who lives in the road said he has seen cordons in place from the Carlton Road junction to the Lorne Park Road junction.
A woman, who does not wish to be named, is currently in the KFC in London Road South and said police had told them to stay inside.
She said: "I can see three armed police standing by a car plus one police officer with a dog also standing there."
First Bus has also reported delays to services X2, X22 and 99.
Suffolk Police confirmed the road has been closed while they deal with an incident and will be giving more information shortly.
- 1 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew