Long delays for rail passengers
COMMUTERS getting back to work after the Christmas and New Year break faced early morning chaos on the trains.Early services between Suffolk and London Liverpool Street were delayed by up to 60 minutes due to over-running engineering work at Bethnal Green.
COMMUTERS getting back to work after the Christmas and New Year break faced early morning chaos on the trains.
Early services between Suffolk and London Liverpool Street were delayed by up to 60 minutes due to over-running engineering work at Bethnal Green.
Some early trains were unable to run between Stratford and London Liverpool Street and stopped at the east London station.
But the work was completed shortly before 8am and services started returning to normal.
You may also want to watch:
During the rest of the rush hour trains were delayed by between 10 and 20 minutes.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said all advertised trains were now running and he expected services to be operating to a normal timetable by mid-morning.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 9 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid