Long delays for rail passengers
COMMUTERS getting back to work after the Christmas and New Year break faced early morning chaos on the trains.Early services between Suffolk and London Liverpool Street were delayed by up to 60 minutes due to over-running engineering work at Bethnal Green.
COMMUTERS getting back to work after the Christmas and New Year break faced early morning chaos on the trains.
Early services between Suffolk and London Liverpool Street were delayed by up to 60 minutes due to over-running engineering work at Bethnal Green.
Some early trains were unable to run between Stratford and London Liverpool Street and stopped at the east London station.
But the work was completed shortly before 8am and services started returning to normal.
During the rest of the rush hour trains were delayed by between 10 and 20 minutes.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said all advertised trains were now running and he expected services to be operating to a normal timetable by mid-morning.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Thug who 'climbed in window and threatened man for over an hour' is jailed
- 3 'Exciting new chapter' at former hospital site for Danny's charity
- 4 Lowestoft to receive millions of pounds of investment
- 5 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 7 'A fantastic accolade': Top award honour for community staff nurse
- 8 Woman, 19, arrested as hunt for biker continues after serious crash
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen as garage targeted at home in Lowestoft
- 10 'Little miracle' baby white rhino introduced into zoo's main enclosure