Long delays for rail passengers
COMMUTERS getting back to work after the Christmas and New Year break faced early morning chaos on the trains.Early services between Suffolk and London Liverpool Street were delayed by up to 60 minutes due to over-running engineering work at Bethnal Green.
COMMUTERS getting back to work after the Christmas and New Year break faced early morning chaos on the trains.
Early services between Suffolk and London Liverpool Street were delayed by up to 60 minutes due to over-running engineering work at Bethnal Green.
Some early trains were unable to run between Stratford and London Liverpool Street and stopped at the east London station.
But the work was completed shortly before 8am and services started returning to normal.
You may also want to watch:
During the rest of the rush hour trains were delayed by between 10 and 20 minutes.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said all advertised trains were now running and he expected services to be operating to a normal timetable by mid-morning.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft