Looking forward to Player's panto
ALONG with my family I have attended the Lowestoft Players Pantomime for many years now. This year with the introduction of a new professional pantomime, I decided to go along and give it a go.
ALONG with my family I have attended the Lowestoft Players Pantomime for many years now.
This year with the introduction of a new professional pantomime, I decided to go along and give it a go.
I have to say that the show on the whole was good, especially the flying sequences and the acrobatics on board ship were something different, and of course the children involved were always excellent.
But where, oh where was the audience participation, all the 'Oh no it isn't and Oh yes it is!' and the shouts of 'It's behind you!' that children love so much.
You may also want to watch:
Very little use was made of the crocodile and Captain Hook was not sufficiently comically 'evil' enough to rouse the children in the audience.
And now it's the turn of the tried and tested Lowestoft Players whose pantomime Beauty and the Beast is playing at the Marina.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 7 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
With the likes of the excellent John Marjoram taking the comic lead of Bobbles and Dame Clutterbuck played by Nick Garrod whose rapport with the audience is second to none, I look forward to an excellent show.
I for one will be cheering the Players on and I hope the good people of Lowestoft will turn out to support their local amateur dramatics society.
London Road South