Lowestoft man who downloaded 400 indecent child images is jailed
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Lowestoft man who downloaded more than 400 indecent images of children has been jailed for two years and six months.
Before Ipswich Crown Court was Mervyn Lockyer, 60, of June Avenue, who admitted three offences of making indecent images of children.
He also admitted three offences of distributing indecent child images from January 2012 to December 2016, and one offence of attempting to cause or incite a child under-13 to engage in sexual activity.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said police officers went to Lockyer's home in March this year and seized computer equipment, including a laptop.
The equipment was found to contain 100 indecent images and seven movies in the most serious level A category, 60 images and ten movies in category B and 305 images and four movies in category C
You may also want to watch:
Lockyer, who has no previous convictions, was ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for life and was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order
Lynne Shirley for Lockyer described the number of indecent images and movies as 'relatively small'.
- 1 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 2 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 3 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 5 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 10 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale