Charity ball boosts worthy causes
- Credit: Archant
A range of charities and good causes are in line for a windfall of more than £3,000 after staff at a Lowestoft accountants organised a glittering charity ball for the second successive year.
The team at Lovewell Blake's Quay View Business Park office staged the event at the Ivy House Country Hotel at Oulton Broad to raise money for the firm's LB150 Fund, which distributes grants to a range of local organisations.
The ball raised a total of £3,150 for the Fund, which has given out more than £200,000 of grants to charities and community groups since it was set up in 2008.
About 130 people enjoyed a drinks reception, dinner, and dancing to one of the country's top function bands Penfold.
Beverley Luckins, one of the organisers, said: 'This is the second year we have put on a charity ball in Lowestoft, and once again we are delighted with the support we received. It was a lot of hard work, but a lot of fun, too, and we are already planning our third LB150 Ball around the same time next year.'
You may also want to watch:
Leading regional accountants, business advisers and financial planners Lovewell Blake launched their LB150 initiative in 2008 as part of the firm's 150th anniversary celebrations, with the aim of raising £150,000 in five years. With that target achieved in 2012, partners and staff at the firm decided to continue their fundraising efforts, which will pass the £250,000 mark in 2018.
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft