Lowestoft actor, Rob Houchen, in the running for top West End award
- Credit: Archant
A talented actor from Lowestoft, who has become an established West End performer, is in the running for a top award.
Rob Houchen, who has played the principal role of Marius in the world's longest running musical – Les Misérables – for the past two years in London has been nominated for a 2015 BroadwayWorld UK/West End award.
The former Pakefield Primary, Pakefield Middle, Kirkley High School and East Norfolk Sixth Form College student has been shortlisted in the Best Performance in a Long-Running West End Show (Male) category.
And with just a few days left in the voting, people in Lowestoft are being urged to support this home-grown star and help boost his votes.
As of yesterday (Wednesday), Mr Houchen was in fourth place out of 34 actors in the latest standings – and with every vote counting, you can help Mr Houchen in the pursuit of landing this top honour.
You may also want to watch:
? Visit www.broadwayworld.com/westend/liveupdate2015region.cfm?btype=4335®ion=UK%20/%20West%20End and register your vote for Mr Houchen.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed