Lowestoft actor, Rob Houchen, in the running for top West End award
- Credit: Archant
A talented actor from Lowestoft, who has become an established West End performer, is in the running for a top award.
Rob Houchen, who has played the principal role of Marius in the world's longest running musical – Les Misérables – for the past two years in London has been nominated for a 2015 BroadwayWorld UK/West End award.
The former Pakefield Primary, Pakefield Middle, Kirkley High School and East Norfolk Sixth Form College student has been shortlisted in the Best Performance in a Long-Running West End Show (Male) category.
And with just a few days left in the voting, people in Lowestoft are being urged to support this home-grown star and help boost his votes.
As of yesterday (Wednesday), Mr Houchen was in fourth place out of 34 actors in the latest standings – and with every vote counting, you can help Mr Houchen in the pursuit of landing this top honour.
You may also want to watch:
? Visit www.broadwayworld.com/westend/liveupdate2015region.cfm?btype=4335®ion=UK%20/%20West%20End and register your vote for Mr Houchen.
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 3 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 9 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 10 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff