Lowestoft actor, Rob Houchen, in the running for top West End award
- Credit: Archant
A talented actor from Lowestoft, who has become an established West End performer, is in the running for a top award.
Rob Houchen, who has played the principal role of Marius in the world's longest running musical – Les Misérables – for the past two years in London has been nominated for a 2015 BroadwayWorld UK/West End award.
The former Pakefield Primary, Pakefield Middle, Kirkley High School and East Norfolk Sixth Form College student has been shortlisted in the Best Performance in a Long-Running West End Show (Male) category.
And with just a few days left in the voting, people in Lowestoft are being urged to support this home-grown star and help boost his votes.
As of yesterday (Wednesday), Mr Houchen was in fourth place out of 34 actors in the latest standings – and with every vote counting, you can help Mr Houchen in the pursuit of landing this top honour.
You may also want to watch:
? Visit www.broadwayworld.com/westend/liveupdate2015region.cfm?btype=4335®ion=UK%20/%20West%20End and register your vote for Mr Houchen.
- 1 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 2 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 3 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 4 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 5 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 9 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 10 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species