Lowestoft actor, Rob Houchen, in the running for top West End award
- Credit: Archant
A talented actor from Lowestoft, who has become an established West End performer, is in the running for a top award.
Rob Houchen, who has played the principal role of Marius in the world's longest running musical – Les Misérables – for the past two years in London has been nominated for a 2015 BroadwayWorld UK/West End award.
The former Pakefield Primary, Pakefield Middle, Kirkley High School and East Norfolk Sixth Form College student has been shortlisted in the Best Performance in a Long-Running West End Show (Male) category.
And with just a few days left in the voting, people in Lowestoft are being urged to support this home-grown star and help boost his votes.
As of yesterday (Wednesday), Mr Houchen was in fourth place out of 34 actors in the latest standings – and with every vote counting, you can help Mr Houchen in the pursuit of landing this top honour.
You may also want to watch:
? Visit www.broadwayworld.com/westend/liveupdate2015region.cfm?btype=4335®ion=UK%20/%20West%20End and register your vote for Mr Houchen.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival