Lowestoft agency supports Carers Week
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.
Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
This year's national campaign will focus on the many normal activities such as meals out and holidays that most people take for granted. For carers, who often look after a friend, relative, or loved one for up to 24 hours a day, these everyday activities can be extremely difficult without some form of back-up or respite care.
Crossroads provides qualified support workers to look after for people with care needs - allowing their carers a well deserved break.
You may also want to watch:
A Crossroads Care Waveney spokesman said: 'As part of Carers Week we are asking businesses or individuals to donate funds to pay for an hour or more of time. These will then be given to carers in a voucher form to use as and when they please.'
A image of a clock huge clock is going to be positioned in the window of Crossroads Care Waveney's base in London Road South, showing the names of the businesses or people who have donated to its appeal - and the hours paid for.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 3 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 6 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
The cost of an hour of care varies from �13.10 to �17 depending on the time and day of the week.
Anyone wanting more information of the appeal or events being held in the Waveney area contact Crossroads Care Waveney, 259 London Road South, Lowestoft, telephone 01502 574570 or visit www.crossroads.org.uk/Waveney