Lowestoft agency supports Carers Week
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.
Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
This year's national campaign will focus on the many normal activities such as meals out and holidays that most people take for granted. For carers, who often look after a friend, relative, or loved one for up to 24 hours a day, these everyday activities can be extremely difficult without some form of back-up or respite care.
Crossroads provides qualified support workers to look after for people with care needs - allowing their carers a well deserved break.
You may also want to watch:
A Crossroads Care Waveney spokesman said: 'As part of Carers Week we are asking businesses or individuals to donate funds to pay for an hour or more of time. These will then be given to carers in a voucher form to use as and when they please.'
A image of a clock huge clock is going to be positioned in the window of Crossroads Care Waveney's base in London Road South, showing the names of the businesses or people who have donated to its appeal - and the hours paid for.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
The cost of an hour of care varies from �13.10 to �17 depending on the time and day of the week.
Anyone wanting more information of the appeal or events being held in the Waveney area contact Crossroads Care Waveney, 259 London Road South, Lowestoft, telephone 01502 574570 or visit www.crossroads.org.uk/Waveney