Lowestoft agency supports Carers Week
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.
Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
This year's national campaign will focus on the many normal activities such as meals out and holidays that most people take for granted. For carers, who often look after a friend, relative, or loved one for up to 24 hours a day, these everyday activities can be extremely difficult without some form of back-up or respite care.
Crossroads provides qualified support workers to look after for people with care needs - allowing their carers a well deserved break.
You may also want to watch:
A Crossroads Care Waveney spokesman said: 'As part of Carers Week we are asking businesses or individuals to donate funds to pay for an hour or more of time. These will then be given to carers in a voucher form to use as and when they please.'
A image of a clock huge clock is going to be positioned in the window of Crossroads Care Waveney's base in London Road South, showing the names of the businesses or people who have donated to its appeal - and the hours paid for.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 4 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 7 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 8 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 9 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 10 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
The cost of an hour of care varies from �13.10 to �17 depending on the time and day of the week.
Anyone wanting more information of the appeal or events being held in the Waveney area contact Crossroads Care Waveney, 259 London Road South, Lowestoft, telephone 01502 574570 or visit www.crossroads.org.uk/Waveney