Lowestoft agency supports Carers Week
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
A LOWESTOFT agency is taking part in national Carers Week later this month.
Crossroads Care Waveney is supporting this year's week, from June 14 to 20, which has the theme 'A Life of My Own'.
This year's national campaign will focus on the many normal activities such as meals out and holidays that most people take for granted. For carers, who often look after a friend, relative, or loved one for up to 24 hours a day, these everyday activities can be extremely difficult without some form of back-up or respite care.
Crossroads provides qualified support workers to look after for people with care needs - allowing their carers a well deserved break.
A Crossroads Care Waveney spokesman said: 'As part of Carers Week we are asking businesses or individuals to donate funds to pay for an hour or more of time. These will then be given to carers in a voucher form to use as and when they please.'
A image of a clock huge clock is going to be positioned in the window of Crossroads Care Waveney's base in London Road South, showing the names of the businesses or people who have donated to its appeal - and the hours paid for.
- 1 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 2 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 3 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 4 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 5 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 6 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 9 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
- 10 Suffolk has not had significant rain for two months
The cost of an hour of care varies from �13.10 to �17 depending on the time and day of the week.
Anyone wanting more information of the appeal or events being held in the Waveney area contact Crossroads Care Waveney, 259 London Road South, Lowestoft, telephone 01502 574570 or visit www.crossroads.org.uk/Waveney