Lowestoft aims to be most enterprising
BUSINESSES and projects in Lowestoft have been given the chance to show why the town should be named the most enterprising place in the UK.Last month, Lowestoft was crowned the most enterprising place in the east of England in the regional heat of the Enterprising Britain competition.
BUSINESSES and projects in Lowestoft have been given the chance to show why the town should be named the most enterprising place in the UK.
Last month, Lowestoft was crowned the most enterprising place in the east of England in the regional heat of the Enterprising Britain competition.
On Friday, judge Maurice Helfgott was shown around the town to see the work which is being done by Norfolk and Waveney Enterprise Services (NWES), an organisation set up to combat large-scale redundancies in Lowestoft in the early 1980s.
Over the past five years in Lowestoft, NWES has helped to start up 217 new businesses and held more than 4,700 advice sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Helfgott, founder director of investment firm Amery Capital and previously an executive director on the board of Marks & Spencer, visited the Riverside Business Centre, the Venue of Performing Arts and diet company Bodychef - an NWES tenant.
After visiting the regional winners around the UK, the judges will decide which deserves the accolade of the most enterprising place in the UK.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
- 4 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 7 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 8 Where are Norfolk and Waveney's Covid vaccination sites?
- 9 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
The winner will be announced at an awards ceremony in October.