Lowestoft aims to be most enterprising
BUSINESSES and projects in Lowestoft have been given the chance to show why the town should be named the most enterprising place in the UK.Last month, Lowestoft was crowned the most enterprising place in the east of England in the regional heat of the Enterprising Britain competition.
BUSINESSES and projects in Lowestoft have been given the chance to show why the town should be named the most enterprising place in the UK.
Last month, Lowestoft was crowned the most enterprising place in the east of England in the regional heat of the Enterprising Britain competition.
On Friday, judge Maurice Helfgott was shown around the town to see the work which is being done by Norfolk and Waveney Enterprise Services (NWES), an organisation set up to combat large-scale redundancies in Lowestoft in the early 1980s.
Over the past five years in Lowestoft, NWES has helped to start up 217 new businesses and held more than 4,700 advice sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Helfgott, founder director of investment firm Amery Capital and previously an executive director on the board of Marks & Spencer, visited the Riverside Business Centre, the Venue of Performing Arts and diet company Bodychef - an NWES tenant.
After visiting the regional winners around the UK, the judges will decide which deserves the accolade of the most enterprising place in the UK.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 7 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 8 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
The winner will be announced at an awards ceremony in October.