Lowestoft anti-social behaviour targeted
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.
An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
'There is a growing problem with a group who hang around on a nightly basis, shouting, throwing objects into the road at passing cars and starting fights with any random passers-by just because they have nothing better to do,' said a resident.
'They normally hang around outside the shops trying to intimidate anyone who tries to enter.'
You may also want to watch:
'This is one of the main routes into Lowestoft and features the beach as well as all the main events. We should take a look at the first impressions outsiders get as they drive down London Road South. If it was me, and I saw what I see each and every day, I would keep on driving.'
Officers are conducting high visibility patrols in the area and dealing robustly with people who breach any legislation regarding anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 3 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 6 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 7 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 9 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims