Lowestoft anti-social behaviour targeted
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.
An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
'There is a growing problem with a group who hang around on a nightly basis, shouting, throwing objects into the road at passing cars and starting fights with any random passers-by just because they have nothing better to do,' said a resident.
'They normally hang around outside the shops trying to intimidate anyone who tries to enter.'
You may also want to watch:
'This is one of the main routes into Lowestoft and features the beach as well as all the main events. We should take a look at the first impressions outsiders get as they drive down London Road South. If it was me, and I saw what I see each and every day, I would keep on driving.'
Officers are conducting high visibility patrols in the area and dealing robustly with people who breach any legislation regarding anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 4 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 5 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 6 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 9 New coffee shop transforms empty kiosk in north Lowestoft
- 10 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured