Lowestoft anti-social behaviour targeted
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.
An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
'There is a growing problem with a group who hang around on a nightly basis, shouting, throwing objects into the road at passing cars and starting fights with any random passers-by just because they have nothing better to do,' said a resident.
'They normally hang around outside the shops trying to intimidate anyone who tries to enter.'
You may also want to watch:
'This is one of the main routes into Lowestoft and features the beach as well as all the main events. We should take a look at the first impressions outsiders get as they drive down London Road South. If it was me, and I saw what I see each and every day, I would keep on driving.'
Officers are conducting high visibility patrols in the area and dealing robustly with people who breach any legislation regarding anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 10 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'