Lowestoft anti-social behaviour targeted
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
REGULAR police patrols are continuing in south Lowestoft following reports of gangs of youths 'hanging around' and causing problems in the area.
An anonymous Journal reader claimed large groups were congregating in London Road South.
'There is a growing problem with a group who hang around on a nightly basis, shouting, throwing objects into the road at passing cars and starting fights with any random passers-by just because they have nothing better to do,' said a resident.
'They normally hang around outside the shops trying to intimidate anyone who tries to enter.'
You may also want to watch:
'This is one of the main routes into Lowestoft and features the beach as well as all the main events. We should take a look at the first impressions outsiders get as they drive down London Road South. If it was me, and I saw what I see each and every day, I would keep on driving.'
Officers are conducting high visibility patrols in the area and dealing robustly with people who breach any legislation regarding anti-social behaviour.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?