‘Amazing’ care home staff recognised with surprise gifts
- Credit: Archant
A care home has hailed the efforts of its “unsung heroes” as staff were presented with surprise gifts.
As Oulton Park Care Centre in Lowestoft celebrates national Carers Week with support from the community, as a thank you for the dedication of care staff at the Barchester Healthcare home, all carers have been surprised with gifts.
Presenting all staff with chocolates, general manager Peter Dean said: “Having started my nursing career as a carer, I really appreciate the work that all our dedicated staff do to ensure that our residents lives are enriched on a hour-to-hour and day-by-day basis.
“Carers are too often unsung heroes.
“I wanted to say thank you for keeping our residents safe and happy during this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
The home’s head of activities, Andrea Pullinger, said: “As well as gifts from the manager we have received marvellous support from the local community in recognition of Carers Week.
“Tesco in north Lowestoft donated eight bottles of wine which will go into a draw for our carers while the two Morrisons stores in Lowestoft have donated chocolates and scones.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Bulky waste collection service suspended
“Gresham Road Co-op Funeral Services have also donated chocolates and I would like to say a big thank you to everyone for recognising our amazing staff.”