Lowestoft authors pledge to publish their books in time for event
- Credit: Archant
Seven members of the Waveney Author Group have pledged to publish their current works in time for a literary event scheduled to take place in The Coconut Loft in July 2015.
Suzan Collins, Pam Finch, Helen Thwaites, Enid Thwaites, Helen Meneghello, Carole Gomez-Cornejo and Jo Wilde met in November at a Just Write It! writing workshop. All seven of the authors have agreed to publish their works in time for the deadline, with the aim of encouraging and supporting each others' literary ambitions. The group also hopes that their diversity of backgrounds and experience will inspire others to pursue an interest in writing. The works include novels, autobiographies and memiors.
Just Write It! And The Coconut Loft Art Gallery in Waterloo Road are hosting a pop-up bookshop on the 25th and 26th July, where people can meet the writers and buy signed copies of their books.
Group facilitator and published author Suzan Collins, who is writing the third book in the Chatty Cat series called Back On The Rails said: 'I'm thrilled and delighted so many people have accepted the challenge and looking forward to seeing the finished work.'
'I came up with the idea of the pop-up book shop to enable authors to get together under one roof and showcase their work. It also enables the public to access many authors at one time, browse their books and ask them questions.'
You may also want to watch:
After some successful writing workshops in November of last year, Ms Collins has confirmed they will run again in March, August and November.
She has been asked to run some evening writing workshops to cater for those who work during the day and these will be held at The Coconut Loft in Lowestoft.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
Some of the workshops will be taking place in the surroundings of Gunton Hall Coastal Village, where participants can enjoy the 50 acres of gardens and secluded woodland, and will be able to draw inspiration from walks around the fresh water lake or in the walled garden.
The next writing workshops are running from 20th-22nd March 2015. Prices start from £20 for a day.
For more information visit: www.justwriteitworkshops.com or call 07815 807337.